I’ve been writing this blog for well over a year now, and certain blog posts have generated the most interest and (at least according to some readers) have been the most helpful. Here is a list of ten you might want to visit (or re-visit) before you start your adventure.
1. Resupply Packages. Five good ideas on what to take and what to leave out.
2. Near Perfection, at Seventeen-and-a-Half Ounces. The best field guide to take on your trip.
3. Probable Dry Stretches. There was little snow this year in the Sierra Nevada. Here is a list of places unlikely to have much water.
7. The Evening I Almost Quit. Read what I did wrong and learn to avoid the same mistakes.
8. Trekking Poles. Get them. Learn how to use them.
9. Taking Care of Your Wheels. All about taking care of your feet on the trail.
10. The First Day. What’s it like stepping off from Happy Isles?
Special bonus for hiking couples: Hiking with Your Spouse. (This is actually one of my most read posts.)
One last point: read the comments on the blog posts, too. There are some real nuggets of wisdom in there!
Good hiking, Ray